issues with data collection. From his introduction:
“There are four reasons why the software community has been slow to use numbers for software quality.
1. There is no generally recognized definition for quality measures.
2. Even when we know what numbers to use, the data are not easy to gather.
3. Even with data, it is not obvious how to interpret and use the numbers.
4. People are reluctant to measure the quality of their personal work.
This paper addresses these questions and gives examples of software quality data that can readily be gathered and used by properly trained engineers.”
- Software Engineering Institute – The Software Quality Profile